Pssst. Take it from the insiders: a seller’s sticker price doesn’t always include the real cost of a home. So how do you decide whether building or buying a house is the best investment for you if the numbers are fuzzy? Start by checking out our quick tips below to help clear things up.
“Turnkey” Isn’t Always What It Seems
Sadly, it’s all too easy for first time home buyers and downsizers/upgraders alike to encounter unforeseen, expensive problems with a newly purchased home. We’ve heard just about every home improvement nightmare out there, from discovering shoddy, unpermitted renovations to undisclosed structural problems.
But even when buying a beautifully upgraded, move-in ready home from a trusted seller or realtor, you’re still buying a home that someone else has built for the needs of their family, not yours. That can mean sacrificing space, features, and efficiency – all of which add up to more expensive upgrades or repairs down the line.
Benefits of Building Your Dream Home
It’s much easier to get exactly what you want within your budget when you’re in control of the initial home design and building process. Finishes, floorplans, and lot configurations are yours to customize. But the benefits of building a home go beyond aesthetics, and can also save you money on your total investment.
- The latest building materials and utility tech make homes more resilient, sustainable, and less expensive to maintain.
- Repairs are rare, if needed at all and home inspections are a lot less likely to reveal the need for expensive, mandatory electrical upgrades or roof replacements.
- Forget about any nicks, scrapes, or peeling paint you would otherwise inherit from previous owners.
- There’s no competition among other home buyers, so you won’t have to worry about losing out on your dream home in the neighborhood or school district of your preference.
- Today, new homes won’t be made with toxic materials like asbestos or lead paint, not to mention that the latest air filtration systems are far superior in keeping your home healthy and pathogen-free.
Why Build with Belman?
While we would never advise someone to build their dream home with just any contractor or architect, we have absolute trust in our own track record of building high quality, affordable homes. But the Belman team isn’t just a home builder – we’re also realtors, which allows us provide unique insights and capabilities other craftsmen and contractors typically can’t. Here are all the reasons to start building your perfect starter home or retirement oasis with us:
- Our industry experience helps you avoid the mishaps and mistakes new home owners and builders commonly make.
- Belman quality speaks for itself in the many finished projects our team has completed, with happy customers and glowing testimonials.
- For those who want to really upgrade, Belman also provides luxury options in home design and finishes.
- Even if the luxury price tag isn’t for you, Belman’s “luxury on a budget” design options provide a high end look and feel without breaking the bank.
- As realtors, we can also handle the selling of any Belman home for you once you’ve decided to move on to your next adventure.
If you’re ready to make your home design dreams a reality, give the Belman team a call today. We can’t wait to get started on building your future!