What is a Smart Home?
Smart Homes are a relatively new development in home building. Smart Homes are homes that can be connected to mobile devices or accessed on a computer via the Internet to allow you to interface with certain components in the home. These homes typically will use either a wireless network or Bluetooth to connect to a special router that can then be accessed via software or an app.
Some features of Smart Homes are:
- Allowing you to see certain rooms from your phone with cameras
- Ability to control your thermostat remotely
- Ability to lock or unlock an entry or garage door
- Ability to turn off or on a light…or all lighting
- Notifications of outages, temperature drops, or security breach notifications
- Video capture
- Logs or storage of data regarding your home such as energy usage, temperature or humidity levels
- Some systems will also let you interface them through your television
As you can see there are quite a few advantages and benefits of having a system like this. You can check up on your kids, or find out when someone entered or left your home. If you travel a lot or are away for long periods of time, this is valuable to keep an eye on your home. Also, if you ever lock yourself out of the home you can easily gain access to your property without calling a locksmith or waiting for a family member to come with keys.
There are many ways to have a Smart Home. Currently there are tons of individual products that can be connected to your computer or phone and many of these can be purchased at retail stores or online. While this piecemeal approach may work for some, having multiple apps to control the various products can be cumbersome.
There are several new solutions currently available and more continue to hit the market as this popular technology grows. Many of these providers offer more complete packages where you can control multiple facets of your home from one app or dashboard. Even still not all of these providers encompass all Smart Products. For more information about Smart Homes or to see Smart Products and solutions that Belman Homes offers please contact us! We are here to help!
Thanks for reading our blog!