Nothing can be more frustrating when buying a new home for both a home buyer and a builder than having an unproductive meeting. To make the most of your visit, make sure you either know or have the following:
- Meet with a lender and get pre-approved so you know your budget
- Find out if you need to sell your property first
- Know the general layout you would like
- Have a written wish list of features you would like
- Find out if the builder allows customization
- Know where you want to build and make sure the builder works in that area
- If you are custom building, make sure the builder provides that service before sitting down
- Check to make sure your builder is an MBA Member
By following these simple steps, you can turn buying a new home into a much easier process. For more information about buying a new home, please stop by one of our models and talk to one of our knowledgeable new home consultants.
At Belman Homes we want to make buying a new home a positive experience. That is why it is our vision to “Create the ultimate building experience, one customer at a time.” We feel buying a new home should be a fun, easy process and we have worked hard to make it that way. Use this as a checklist before you meet with us to make it an efficient experience!