These days it’s not just how much your new home is going to cost to build that matters. Things like the cost of your monthly utility bills, air quality and your impact on the environment also matter. Belman Homes partners with Wisconsin’s Focus on Energy in an effort to offer our clients a higher standard in energy efficiency and conservation of natural resources. Belman Homes is truly concerned about energy usage and conservation. Focus on Energy certified new homes are just one of the many options Belman Homes offers to conserve energy and lower your utility bills on your new home. It is a great step towards Green Building and reducing our carbon footprint. Plus you can live in a healthier home with reduced emissions and better indoor air quality. We are a green home builder in Milwaukee and proudly construct the majority of our homes to these standards.
Why Build a Focus on Energy Certified Home?
- Homes built in the Wisconsin Focus on Energy Certified Homes program provide you the peace of mind that they are better built. And it is proven through third party verification and testing
- Certified Wisconsin Focus on Energy Homes are more comfortable, safe, and durable
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy Certified Homes are estimated to be 25% more energy efficient than those built to Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Codes
- You will be building to the standards that are appropriate for Wisconsin’s extreme climate and lowering your energy bills for years to come
- They are typically 20-30% more efficient than standard homes
Recently, one of our new ENERGY STAR certified homes was tested with REM/Rate Residential Energy Analysis and Rating. Below are the energy cost savings per year:
Water Heating $87
Total Savings = $1,546
In addition, the home also prevented 37,000 lbs. of Carbon Dioxide CO2, 159 lbs. of Sulfur Dioxide SO2, and 103.5 lbs. of Nitrogen Oxides emissions per year. Not only is a new home more energy efficient but it is safer for the environment and your family.
Remember, it’s not just about obtaining the certification. Every new Belman Home is quality control checked at site during construction. Even little details such as small penetrations are looked for and resealed to obtain the highest rating possible. We constantly seek to improve our building methods and energy efficiency ratings of our homes so they are more comfortable, healthy and affordable for you.